We Are Committed To Your Health & Safety
We have always been very careful making infection control and patient safety a top priority for you, our patients, and our dental care team. To further protect you and your family, we have put into place new Coronavirus (COVID-19) protocol and infection control measures recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We do this to provide a safe and secure environment and experience for you and your family members.
Changes You’ll Notice on Your Next Visit
When you come in for your next visit, your dental experience will include new health safeguard measures. Some of these changes include:
- We will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some health screening questions related to COVID-19. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you come for your appointment to assure there have been no changes in your health. The health screening questions are included in the next section below, so you know what we will ask.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office (773) 528-3384 to let us know you are here. We will then confirm that you can come on in or, we may ask that you wait for a few minutes to assure social distancing and to allow us to thoroughly sanitize the treatment room to protect you.
- We have hand sanitizer in our office and we will ask you to use it when you come in for your appointment and when you leave. You will also find sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will be taking temperatures on all of our patients and any guardian that is accompanying them.
- In our reception room you will no longer find magazines or children’s toys or games since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be scheduled and managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Except in the case of an appointment for your small children or others with specific caregiver requirements, we ask that no one else accompany you into the treatment area of our office.
- Please do not bring others with you to your appointment if at all possible. We realize there are exceptions, but even though we do have a large reception room to assure social distancing we have reduced seating.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Health Screening Before & During Your Visit
As mentioned, prior to your appointment we will visit with you by phone (generally) or via email (if necessary) to confirm your appointment and to ask you some health questions related to COVID-19. When you actually come in for your appointment (generally there are a few days between these events) we will ask the same health questions again so assure nothing has changed since our phone visit. This is a copy of the screening questions from the American Dental Association that we will be using.
Your Health & Comfort Are Our Primary Concerns
As all of us have experienced lately, changes of any kind to our routines or our expectations can be uncomfortable. This is why we want to share some of the changes you will experience when you come in for your next appointment. Please know that our hope is to make your visits comfortable, that you feel the appreciation and concern we have for your health and well-being, and that you feel safe and confident.
We will also be screening our doctors and team daily to ensure that all of our team members are healthy at the office. We will be phasing our treatment from emergency and urgent care first and then non aerosol producing treatment and then treatment that will produce minimal aerosol and so forth. We have invested heavily in equipment such as the Surgically Clean Air Hepa filter machines that kill contaminants such as viruses, bacteria, and odors in the air. The machines are designed for SARS and turn over the air in the room every 3 minutes. https://scadental.com/
We also have suction units called Dry Shield and Isolite which we have already been using in the office that limits aerosols in the air as well.
If you have any questions at all, please just call us at (773) 528-3384 and we’ll answer or explain anything that may concern you.
If you have any questions when you are in our office, please ask us! We love helping all our patients understand their dental health, and how we work to provide you with the best care and the safest environment possible with this COVID-19 protocol.
Thank you for trusting us with your dental health. Please know how much we value you and your children as patients. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr.Dinkha and Perfect Smile Dental Spa team